Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting: D'Arenberg The Stump Jump Riesling/Marsanne

D'Arenberg The Stump Jump Riesling/Marsanne Sauvignon Blanc
South Australia
Australia
2011
$13.95

  • Review provided by The Vintage Cellar: An intoxicating mix of ripe yellow peaches, guava, and hints of honey blossoms on the nose. The tropical stone fruits are also evident on the palate but give up a little territory to some lovely, zesty lemon, lime citrus characters which really add to the freshness of this wine.
  • My Review: I didn't really taste this wine as being anything particularly special. It wasn't bad, don't get me wrong, but it didn't pop out at me as something I absolutely had to have. I could definitely taste and smell the honey blossoms as I swirled it for the aroma and tasted it on my tongue. Overall, I wouldn't mind having this wine in my home and drinking it, but it is probably not something I would go out on my own and purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment