Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tasting: Lobetia Chardonnay

Lobetia Chardonnay
La Mancha, Spain
2011
$9.95
Review Provided by The Vintage Cellar: Clean bright coloured at sight, with greenish yellow tone. On the nose, exotic fruits like pineapple scents. Full flavoured, fresh, with good acidity in mouth, it recalls a tropical fruits bouquet. Great with every kind of fish.
My Review: A 100% Chardonnay wine, I learned this wine did not receive the oak treatment and instead sat in stainless steel. I have come to discover that I really like the flavors that oak brings to wine, so that always kind of disappoints me when it skips out on that treatment. It was very soft on the palate though, which is always refreshing to me. Sometimes, I don't really want that harsh bite that some wines have.

No comments:

Post a Comment