Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting: Mokoroa Txakolina

Mokoroa Txakolina
Spain
2011
$13.95
Review provided by the Vintage Cellar: Young, fruity, dry white wine with high acidity and medium alcohol content (9.5%-11.5%). As a result of the fermentation process, this wine is slightly sparkling, producing a tingle on the palate and a full range of aromas. Two grape varietals, Hondarrabi Zuri, which makes up 95% percent of the vines, and Hondarrabi Beltza, which makes up the remaining 5%. Txakoli is excellent as an aperitif and is best when drank within one year of bottling. Mokoroa's Txakoli is a tremendous value for its quality.
My Review: I didn't really think a wine could be this fruity and this dry at the same time. It was kind of weird for me. I can't really say that I was a huge fan of this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment